During the Holiday season it is easy to get caught up in the menial things, cooking, cleaning, shopping and decorating. Here are a few tips to add more meaning to this special season.
- Gather your family and volunteer together. Whether it is at the Food Bank or the Mustard Seed or any charity you support it is a great way to spend some quality time with your family and do something for others.
- Take a night or two and sit down together and play a board game, cards or charades. We all forget how much fun it is to just simply spend some time together.
- Enjoy some outdoor activities, bundle everyone up and head out to skate on an outdoor pond, toboggan some hills or head out to a tree farm to cut down your own tree…don’t forget the hot chocolate!
- Speaking of decorating, gather the family and decorate the house and tree together.
- Have dinner together at least one night each week, it is such a great way to talk and connect with your children and it may turn into a permanent habit, how great is that!
- If your children are small dedicate 15 minutes each night to read together, pick out your favorite Christmas classics and share them together.
- Gather up your favorite Christmas cookie recipes and get baking and decorating together.
- Head out on the town and take a look at the Christmas lights and end off the night by checking out the Festival of Lights.
- Gather some friends and head out in your neighborhood for some Christmas caroling.
- Invite some friends over for a visit, when is the last time you has someone over for coffee, brunch or dinner?
Enjoy the company of friends and family this year, that is my plan!